YOU WILL NEED
5-6 Granny Smith apples
1 Jar caramel
1 tsp Salt
1.5oz Unsalted butter
1.5oz Caster sugar
4oz Plain flour
1/2 Large egg
Preheat oven to 200c. I recommend making this the day before you need it and refrigerating.
1. Place butter and flour into the blender and pulse until mixture resembles a fine powder. Tip into a large bowl and add caster sugar and egg. Knead with hand to combine and add small splashes of milk until you have a ball of pastry dough. Wrap in cling film and leave in fridge for 30mins.
2. Lightly sprinkle the worktop with flour and roll out the pastry to a circle approx 13-14in. Place into a 10in pie dish and trim any wobbly edges with a sharp knife.
3. Mix the salt into the caramel thoroughly and pour it into the pastry.
4. Peel the apples, cut in half, core and slice as thinly as possible. Layer the apples slices into the pastry, onto the caramel layer in a circular pattern until full.
5. Place a handful of peanuts into a plastic food bag and crush with a rolling pin. Sprinkle onto the top of the apples.
6. Cook on 200c for 25 minutes until golden on top.
Best served cold (refrigerated is even better). Enjoy with lashings of double cream!